Monday, December 29, 2008

My (n+1)th crush

It was an unusual over crowded canteen at 4pm, one very seldom gets to see. And the cause is none other than a heated up India Pakistan cricket match, all waiting eagerly to see the last winning shots by team India.

My eyes were stuck on the TV set, yeah one can tell I am a crick-maniac, not from long but from recent years when India started to win in a row and proved it can find the world’s best 11 from a billion population, without any politics in selection.

Ads were popping in the midst of the overs, and so as to give my neck a brief rest I lowered my head from the TV’s view and just had a glance at the overwhelming crowd. In the middle of the crowd something attracted me, they were the eyes of a girl perhaps the most beautiful eyes of a woman I have ever seen which dragged all my attention on them. At some point, I felt some reciprocation happening and the eyes were noticing my stare! Unwillingly, I had to take my head back to the game on TV, only to find that I already missed an over. But that didn't bother me much.

I kept lowering my head cautiously and then lowered my sight to get back to the eyes. Again I stared at them for quite a long time, when they noticed that I am actually gazing at them purposefully. I felt some sort of chillness and hollowness running down deep inside me, which I can compare with the feeling I experienced coming down the London eye! This cycle repeated couple of times more!

It happens quite number of times that we try to see again and again some person just to check, whether he or she is still noticing us or not. It’s a beautiful psychological feeling I witnessed not just in humans but also in animals. My pet dog used to be the best example. It was a big flirt and had 3 girl friends. Alas it’s no more, I wish I have a clone of it. They say ‘every dog has a day’! When is mine?

Playing the final shots India won but I lost, I lost the girl in the crowd as the crowd started to disperse. In the crowd I couldn't get to see her face, all I remember is the eyes covered partially with silky strands of hair. My task to find her was complicated which involved only a retina scan!

I was lucky I could use silky hair criteria to filter the girls and then come across from the front to do the retina scan. This continued for a 2 month long process. This way I actually came to know of many beautiful chicks in the office. One fine day, to my astonishment, I found the girl whom I was searching for, works on the same floor as mine!

Well I found out she not only has sharp eyes, but has got great features, incredible smile, good dining ethics, good sense of humor and probably much more! She has got an amazing walking style waddling like a swan. And I can say she looks the best in a black suit! A thought came on my mind that God gives all things to only few persons and she is just one of them. If at all there are any voids in her life I felt like doing anything to fulfill them. Oops am I not being too emotional? ;)

I continued to stare her, and I really wondered how awkward she must have felt when a guy stares so long and so many times! But I couldn’t help it, she looks amazing and incredible. I encountered her many times in canteen and in bus, a common place for both of us. Most of the times it was accidental and sometimes very deliberately, waiting for an hour more, famished, I used to take lunch at 2pm. Well that’s her lunch time to avoid long queues in peak hours.

She probably doesn’t know how awesome her smile looks; she has got serious looks who smiles rarely and I didn’t see her smile for many days in the beginning. I doubted she might have lost some molars and pre-molars and that she must be undergoing some orthodontics treatment for a while!!! Very crazy doubt ryt (that’s why I am not in CBI), more to go …

Many times I felt like talking to her but how without a proper introduction? What to talk, where to talk were the most common questions. Stupid questions like ‘What’s the time now? or where will this bus go or who is xyz from your project or what’s the menu in canteen!!! or I am so and so .. !@#$ (followed by a big blank) or how about a cup of coffee or a SRK movie?‘ occurred to me, and yeah such bizarre ideas occur only to me ;)

I have been a mentor and philosopher to few of my friends and they approach me for suggestions and tips! I just used to repeat to them, what all I see in the latest episodes of Mtv Love Line. Thankfully, they either don’t watch it or may not be able to co-relate it with my suggestions. Anyways they nicknamed me Love Guru ;)   But what’s happening to me? Were they kidding? Or my tactics don’t work when it comes to my case!!? I seriously have no idea.   

In between as part of project work, I traveled to London and frankly speaking I didn’t miss her! I witnessed pretty European girls but desi, desi hi hoti hain. I missed Indian girls as a whole :)   That spicy flavor was missing in them. In contrast to my beliefs, I learnt Britain girls are committed to their boy friends for long, but they are more independent, more individual and demand space and time for their own interests.

Inspired by movies like ‘what a woman wants’, I prayed the Almighty to give me some magical powers to know what she or for that matter any girl thinks of me. This way life becomes easy, spoon feeding and one can stick to the girl who is interested in them ryt, rather investing time in others :-) . Well life may not be so interesting, in contrary.

It took me many months just to know her name, as we don’t have any common friends. Well frankly speaking the name was not as interesting as she is. I discovered she is somewhere from Delhi, thanks to the search engine, Google. To my biggest disappointment, though expected, I learnt she got engaged to someone :(

Seriously I feel like going straight to her and ask only one thing ‘tumhari koi behen hain kya?‘   haha… I know… I am a big badmaash!

All I can say is, it’s yet an another crush tale!! What’s next!!!? An another Indo-Pak match?? ;)

Disclaimer: The characters in this blog are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental and unintentional!!! ( in case she comes across this blog ;) )

Keep visiting this space/page for new blogs. Bye, take care and a happy new year ‘09!!

No comments:

Post a Comment